Home | Thursday | Friday & Saturday | Contributors | Registration Form | Contact
Friday and Saturday, May 5 & 6
Both days will include open forum slide shows, ask questions or make comments while the presentations are going. There will be an age cap, 1980 or older for images.
Schedule for each day:
- Doors open at 8am
- Presentations start prompty at 9am
- Lunch from 12pm-1pm
- Dinner from 4:30pm-6pm
- Highlight Presentation at Night
Dispatchers Line Up:
- Brian Black: Southern California in the 60's LA area - Beaumont Hill, Tehachapi, and Cajon Pass.
- Greg Stadter: Railfanning 404 while going to law school in the early 70's at West Colton.
- Bill Roberts: Trackside at Tehachapi and Trona with a few other goodies!
- Peter Baumhefner & Bruce Jones: Wasting our Early Lives on Tehacapi" with Burbank, Bakersfield, Kern Jct., and Mojave throw in back in the late 60's to mid 70's.
- Mike Jarel and Bo Golson: "Mex-E-Co" - they'll take us south of the border where markers are still used.
- Tom Gildersleeve, Gorgon Glattenberg, and Hank Mills will show us what trains were all about for 20 years starting in the mid-fifties... Hang on!
- Glen Icanberry: We'll hop in Glen's 1971 Pontiac LeMans, Nikons with Kodachrome 25, and chase the Visalia Electric in the valley in the early 80's!
- Rod Loder: Pulling out the classic SD-45 shots of the Espee from Portland to the Salton Sea in California. The locomotive that was the backbone of the railroad!
- Wade Pellizzer: Let us go camping by the tracks in California during the 1970s and sharing stories about his private car the "Virginia City" - All Aboard!
Friday Night Special:
- Jim Jory: 6pm at the Tehachapi Depot - various signals, block indicators, grade crossings all on display and functioning. The depot and the 'signal garden' will be open for browsing.
- Jim Aktins: How in the hell those searchlight signals and CTC worked!
Saturday Night Special:
Shirley Burman: The wife of Richard Steinheimer will be showing "Tehachapi Scrapbook" a collection of photos from her and Steinheimer's adventures at Tehachapi.
Friday and Saturday are each $20, so both days run $40. See registration form.